[GCC front end] trying to install sample_fe but fail in make

charfi asma charfiasma@yahoo.fr
Thu Aug 26 13:02:00 GMT 2010

Hi Philip,

I red your 10 doc pages
http://code.redbrain.co.uk/cgit.cgi/gcc-dev/tree/gcc/doc/languages.texi?h=documentation
 it was helpful for me to understand  the role of lexer.l and parser.y in the
python fe.
what I try to do is to compile your fe. I thought that I can add the python fe
to gcc, write file.py and compile this file using gpy1.
Normally, we can write code in python and gcc will compile and execute this code
if the python fe is added to gcc directory, configured and installed.

I tried to follow your instructions, but it fails in git merge python
here is the error:

[charfi@is010178 gcc-dev]$ git merge python
fatal: 'python' does not point to a commit

[charfi@is010178 gcc-dev]$ git merge documentation
fatal: 'documentation' does not point to a commit

any idea ?

hope that you did not spell the branch name
wrong as usual when dealing with documentation ;)

thanks

Asma