Bug in Build System of gcc-4.5.1? Cannot Find libmpc.so.2
Tom Browder
tom.browder@gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 17:56:00 GMT 2010
On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 09:17, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
...
>>> You'd still have to include the libraries in your runtime path when
>>> you use gcc, even if gcc did some LD_LIBRARY_PATH heroics at build
>>> time.
>>>
>>> The rule is really simple: for any libraries you build, if they are to
>>> be used, you have to tell ld.so how to find them. LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
>>> ld.so.conf, whatever.
>>
>> Okay, so I need to ensure LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or ld.so.conf) oint to gmp,
>> mpfr, and ppc.
...
>> MPC Library version 0.8.1 (or later)
>> Necessary to build GCC. It can be downloaded from
>> http://www.multiprecision.org/. The --with-mpc configure option should
>> be used if your MPC Library is not installed in your default library
>> search path. See also --with-mpc-lib and --with-mpc-include.
>
> I think you now know how to build gcc.
No, after I've done it all, libmpc is still not found.
I'm going back to just including the mpc source in with gcc-4.5.1.
> Contributions to build docs welcome.
I intend to--after I've found a successful method.
> However, just running download_prerequisites is, IMVHO, the only sane way
> to do it.
And where is that found, please?
Regards,
-Tom
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list