Strange warning about passing argument with different width due to prototype with gcc 4.4.0 on 64 bits machine

José Luis García Pallero jgpallero@gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 14:08:00 GMT 2010

El día 24 de agosto de 2010 14:49, Tiago Maluta
<tiago.maluta@gmail.com> escribió:
> 2010/8/24 José Luis García Pallero <jgpallero@gmail.com>:
>

>> Can someone reproduce the behaviour?
>>

> I reproduced your behavior. Running your test case with gcc 4.3.1 on
> Gentoo all goes fine, but with gcc 4.2.1 on MacOSX the warning shows
> up.

I didn't remember that I have MacOSX 10.4 installed in my iBook G4.
The gcc installed is 4.0.1. And as Tiago, the warning shows up. But
only the warning concerning the char input argument. But in my
workstation Xeon 64 bits tha warning appears for char arguments and
for the long argument without explicit cast.

José Luis García Pallero
jgpallero@gmail.com
(o<
/ / \