getaddrinfo is not statically compiled

bassis joebassis@gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 16:19:00 GMT 2010

Andrew Haley wrote:

> Which version differences do you want to avoid?
>
> gcc liks with libc by default.  I don't know what you're asking.
>
> If you really need getaddrinfo you can always shell out to an external
> program.  I'm not sure that's a good idea, though.
>
> Andrew.

I want to avoid linux-distribution differences.

All I want is to run my program in CentOS but my program in compiled in
Debian. A much easier solution would be to simply compile my program in
CentOS but I do not have permission to do this. So, I was thinking of making
my program use the libc and ld files of Debian instead of the ones provided
by CentOS.

Is this not possible ? Is there another way of doing this ?