maximum array size?

Brian Budge brian.budge@gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 10:17:00 GMT 2010

Is this running in Linux?  Linux usually behaves optimistically,
actually returning a valid pointer from malloc, even when there is not
enough memory left in the system to satisfy the request.  A good
explanation can be found here:
http://linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2006/11/30/linux-out-of-memory.html