-mtune option for Intel Nehalem

Rayne hjazz6@ymail.com
Tue Apr 13 01:47:00 GMT 2010

I mostly just want to know if an option is avaliable for the Nehalem processors. If it happens that the newest version of GCC has such an option, then I can always upgrade to that version. I believe that Barcelona is an AMD processor, so I'm confused as to how that would work for an Intel Nehalem processor. As for -mtune=nocona, I've tried and there was no performance gain.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rayne