Building my own C library
Bill McEnaney
bill@rkirkpat.net
Wed Sep 2 00:31:00 GMT 2009
I wouldn't want to write my on Standard C Library, but I wish someone
would rewrite glibc's qsort function. I may be lightning fast, but it's
almost unintelligible.
> On Wed, 2 Sep 2009, bd satish wrote:
>
> > I was trying to compile my own Standard C Library (for ex, I want to
> > use my version of malloc instead of the one included in libc ). What
> > command line options should I use to compile & link this code with my
> > test case ? The code is compiling fine (with option -nostdinc) but I
> > think linking is my problem. For one, I noticed -nostdlib and
> > -nodefaultlibs but these are giving errors.
>
> You'll have to show the errors.
>
> Some that I'd expect would relate to C language infrastructure
> routines that are provided by libgcc which you have probably forgotten
> to provide (or never heard of til now).
>
> I hope you are aware their are many other ways to achieve similar
> things...
>
> I suspect this is a classic case of we can help do what you are trying
> to do... but if you told us what you are trying to do... we could
> advise a _much_ better and simpler solution.
>
> ie. Writing your own Standard C library is almost _never_ what you
> want to do.
>
>
> John Carter Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639
> Tait Electronics Fax : (64)(3) 359 4632
> PO Box 1645 Christchurch Email : john.carter@tait.co.nz
> New Zealand
>
>
________________________________________________________________
Please visit a saintly hero:
http://www.jakemoore.org
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list