getopt.h ...

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Tue Sep 1 14:51:00 GMT 2009

"Tovrea, George W (US SSA)" <george.tovrea@baesystems.com> writes:

> > From: Ian Lance Taylor [mailto:iant@google.com]
> > "Tovrea, George W (US SSA)" <george.tovrea@baesystems.com> writes:
> >
> >> Should this file be move to the --prefix DIR include directory when you do "make install"?
> >
> > I suppose that that should be happen if you configure with
> > --enable-install-libiberty.  Perhaps it would be best to only install
> > getopt.h in the case where ELIDE_CODE is not defined in
> > libiberty/getopt.c--that is, the case where the libiberty version of
> > getopt is not the same as the native library version.  Or perhaps it
> > doesn't really matter.
>
> Thanks for the info. I do not see that option in either "configure
> --help" or the online gcc configuration page.

Yeah, you can only see it if you run libiberty/configure --help.  If you
use it at top level it will be passed down.  The --help option interacts
poorly with the multi-level configure scripts used by gcc.

The option is actually documented in the libiberty manual, which is
considered to be internal documentation.
    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libiberty/Using.html

Ian