Possible to use -fPIC and -fwhole-program together?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming@digium.com
Tue Sep 1 12:24:00 GMT 2009


Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming@digium.com> writes:
> 
>> Is there some inherent reason why -fPIC and -fwhole-program are
>> incompatible for C++ code?
> 
> No.  This sounds like a bug.
> 
>> If not, I'll try to produce a test case.

I've narrowed this down to only three functions; the relevant attribute
of these functions is that they are both exported (using
'externally_visible') *and* referenced from within the code being
compiled. If I comment out the internal references to these functions,
the relocations go back to being the normal -fPIC style relocations.
Hopefully a small sample will reproduce it as well.

-- 
Kevin P. Fleming
Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies
445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - USA
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming@digium.com
Check us out at www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list