Specifying the underlying enum type in g++

Jean-Claude Gervais jc.gervais@videotron.ca
Thu Sep 24 21:27:00 GMT 2009

Thank you for the answers, Axel, Gabriel.

Installing a newer version of g++ is a possibility, since this is
research I am doing for a possible future port.

The distro I am running has a few versions of gcc in its catalog, the
question is, which version of gcc supports the extension?

These are the versions of gcc I could potentially install to test it.

gcc-4.4.1
gcc-4.3.4
gcc-4.3.3-r2
gcc-4.3.2-r4
gcc-4.3.2-r3

I will try installing gcc-4.4.1 first to see.
Thanks for your help.