[gcov] No data gathered for child processes

Didier "Ptitjes" ptitjes@free.fr
Sat Sep 19 19:05:00 GMT 2009

Hello list,

I'm using lcov to analyze the coverage of libgee's test suite. Libgee is
based on GLib and as thus I use GTest framework of GLib.

GTest forks the test process in order to test for asserting tests.
Looking at the reports of lcov, it looks like there is absolutely no
information gathered about the child processes.

Indeed my tests pass so I'm sure I do branch by those code parts
reported as never branched by lcov.

I already have seen this question asked two times on gcc-help but none
got a real answer:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2009-07/msg00334.html

and

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2008-09/msg00490.html

For information, I'm running Gentoo Linux with 2.6.28 kernel in a
virtual machine (Parallels/MacOS X 10.5). My hardware is Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Didier.