Syntax of '.set' assembler directive in GNU assembler
Jeffi Edward.J
j.jeffi@yahoo.co.in
Wed Oct 28 15:16:00 GMT 2009
Thanks Ian.
Ian Lance Taylor-3 wrote:
>
> "Jeffi Edward.J" <j.jeffi@yahoo.co.in> writes:
>
>> I have a doubt in using GNU assembler.
>> I have powerpc-eabi cross toolchain with me.
>> I have to use powerpc-eabi-as assembler on a assembly file which is
>> written
>> to be compatible with Diab (powerpc cross) assembler.
>> My GNU assembler issues few errors in assembler directives, since the
>> syntax
>> differs between Diab and GNU assembly language.
>>
>> For e.g, the .set directive has following syntax in GNU assembly
>> language:
>> .set SYMBOL, value
>>
>> whereas, in Diab assembly language, .set directive has 2 different
>> syntax:
>> .set SYMBOL, value # -> the symbol may not be redefined later
>> SYMBOL: .set value # -> if redefinition is required
>>
>> I could see in GNU assembler manual that for HPPA target, the syntax of
>> .set
>> directive is
>> SYMBOL: .set value # (same as Diab assembly syntax)
>>
>> Is there any option to make GNU assembler to understand the above syntax
>> for
>> powerpc target?
>
> The GNU assembler is part of the GNU binutils. It is not part of
> gcc. I recommend that you ask on the mailing list
> binutils@sourceware.org. See http://sourceware.org/binutils/ .
>
> As far as I know there is no such option for the GNU assembler.
>
> Ian
>
>
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Syntax-of-%27.set%27-assembler-directive-in-GNU-assembler-tp26089559p26089775.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list