Reverse the direction of stack growth

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Tue Oct 13 21:23:00 GMT 2009


PhDUCSB <eng.hmohsen@gmail.com> writes:

> Ian Lance Taylor-3 wrote:
>> The stack direction is normally built into a backend in many different
>> ways, so if you want to change an existing backend, you should expect
>> to change many different places.  This is not a task to be undertaken
>> lightly, without a detailed knowledge of gcc backend implementations.
>
> I am using PISA (subset of mips). I am trying to make both the heap and the
> stack grows in the same direction. Now, my compiler is working but
> unfortunately it is working wrong. Do you know a way I could debug my code?
> Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

I don't really know how to answer a question like that.  We can answer
specific questions, and we can point you at documentation.  But for a
general question like how to debug your code, well, you just have to
debug it.  Make sure you read the gcc internals manual at
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint ; it's really pretty good about
this kind of backend stuff.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list