'pointer to unimplemented type' error

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Mon Oct 12 07:43:00 GMT 2009


prashant rawat <prashantr.iitb@gmail.com> writes:

> I have to add a data structure to cgraph_node structure. My data
> structure is a pointer to tree node.
> If I add tree* abc to cgraph_node, I get an error  'field `(*x).abc'
> is pointer to unimplemented type'
> Does this mean that I cannot add pointer-to pointer data structures to
> cgraph_node?
> If anyone faced a similar problem, any suggested workaround to
> alleviate this issue?

Please be precise.  What is the exact change you made?  What is
happening when you get that error?  As far as I can see, that error
message is from gengtype.

Note that the type 'tree' is already a pointer; are you sure you want
'tree* abc' and not simply 'tree abc'?  I would not be surprised if
making that change fixes this problem.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list