compiler option to just compile empty functions

Frank Winter frank.winter@desy.de
Sat Oct 24 08:59:00 GMT 2009


Hello!

This might sound a bit odd. But is there a compiler option to have gcc 
just compiler empty function stubs of all defined functions?

This is just to keep the compiler happy, when compiling another package 
that actually uses the other one.

To explain why I need this. I have to build a package called qdp++ that 
requires libxml2 with a modified version of gcc - spu-gcc.

Unfortunatly the spu-gcc cannot build libxml2. That's not a problem since 
no qdp++ function gets called that require libxml2 functionality.

But the libxml2 calls are spread over the whole qdp++ code. It is nearly 
impossible to comment all those out. So I look for a way to compile just
empty functions of libxml2.

Any suggestions?

Frank


--

Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
(John von Neumann-Institut for Computing NIC)

platanenallee 6, 15738 zeuthen, germany
phone +49 33762 77376
web   www.ifh.de/~fwinter



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list