PDP-11 ABI for cross compiler
Aram Havarneanu
aram.h@mgk.ro
Thu Oct 22 20:39:00 GMT 2009
Right, so I used aout, compiled binutils, but gcc build fails with:
cc -c -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_DIRECTORY_STRUCTURE -W
-Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-defin
ition -Wmissing-format-attribute -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros
-Wno-overlength-strings -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.././../gcc-4.3.2/gcc -
I.././../gcc-4.3.2/gcc/. -I.././../gcc-4.3.2/gcc/../include -I.././../gcc-4.3.2/
gcc/../libcpp/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I.././../gcc-4.
3.2/gcc/../libdecnumber -I.././../gcc-4.3.2/gcc/../libdecnumber/dpd -I../libdecn
umber -I/usr/local/include \
.././../gcc-4.3.2/gcc/config/pdp11/pdp11.c -o pdp11.o
.././../gcc-4.3.2/gcc/config/pdp11/pdp11.c: In function 'pdp11_output_function_p
rologue':
.././../gcc-4.3.2/gcc/config/pdp11/pdp11.c:295: warning: implicit declaration of
function 'df_regs_ever_live_p'
.././../gcc-4.3.2/gcc/config/pdp11/pdp11.c: In function 'pdp11_output_function_e
pilogue':
.././../gcc-4.3.2/gcc/config/pdp11/pdp11.c:377: error: lvalue required as left o
perand of assignment
gmake[2]: *** [pdp11.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/cross-gcc/work/build/gcc'
gmake[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/cross-gcc/work/build'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 1
Build options were:
--target=pdp11 \
--enable-languages="c" \
--with-system-zlib \
--disable-nls \
--with-libiconv-prefix="/usr/local" \
--without-included_gettext \
--with-newlib \
--with-dwarf2 \
--disable-shared \
--with-gmp="/usr/local" \
--with-mpfr="/usr/local" \
On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Aram Havarneanu <aram.h@mgk.ro> wrote:
> Hello, I want to build a PDP-11 cross compiler. Actually I want 2 compilers:
>
> 1) A compiler that produces executable images that can run on 2.11BSD.
> 2) A compiler that produces PDP-11 code that I can load in the memory
> and execute directly without an Operating System loaded (obviously, I
> wouldn't have a libc to link my programs).
>
> 1) is more important then 2) at the moment.
>
> Obviously the target for the compiler is pdp11, but I can't figure out
> what ABIs do I need to use. Any hints?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Aram Hăvărneanu
>
--
Aram Hăvărneanu
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list