Does GCC support for powerpc 8245 CPU?
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Thu Oct 15 09:42:00 GMT 2009
jeffiedward <j.jeffi@yahoo.co.in> writes:
> I have to build GCC cross compiler for different CPU types of Motorola
> powerpc processor family.
> I could see the list of CPUs supported by GCC in "Using GNU Compiler
> Collection 4.4.1" manual.
> One of the CPU types to which I have to generate code is ppc 8245 CPU.
> Although its widely used, I couldn't see GCC support for this CPU type?
> Specifying mcpu=generic in compiler commmand line option will generate code
> for generic powerpc family, but the code is not optimized for target CPU.
> Does GCC support ppc 8245 CPU? If not, whats the appropriate option to
> generate optimized code for 8245 CPU?
A quick web search suggests that the 8245 is an SoC with a 603e core,
so -mcpu=603e is probably appropriate.
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list