Linker sections
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Fri Oct 9 20:23:00 GMT 2009
obair <nabble@rehill.info> writes:
> I need to arrange code so that some functions appear at the start of the
> image along with all the sections needed to run. Briefly the idea is that
> the first few functions will reread the entire binary out of flash again
> with error correction enabled. The current loader does not provide error
> correction and cannot be changed. The minimum amount of code is going to be
> dependent on being read from flash by the loader. The order of the
> remainder of the objects is not important. The sloe concern is that nothing
> executing in the first section (up as far as "_early_init_end") has any
> dependency on anything after that point.
>
> Extract of linker script is below. For now I'm just taking the relevant
> sections of each object and bundling them together (so one object's .data
> section is followed by the next object's .text section). It's not ideal.
> What I'm trying to do is what is in the comment ("Shorthand") following that
> but it's not syntactically correct. To do this would mean having 4
> occurrences of each object (like in the "Longhand" comment). Is there some
> way to group together files in the linker? Is there another approach more
> suited to this use?
This question is more for the binutils@sourceware.org mailing list
than the gcc-help mailing list.
I don't think there is any way to do what you want. I think you can
use wildcards in the file name, so you could do it if you can rename
your files.
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list