post linking

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Sat Nov 21 00:28:00 GMT 2009

Tobias Nielsen <tobibobi@gmail.com> writes:

> It would be great if the *libc library was statically linked together
> with binary program, but that is not possible - or is it?

Static linking works on most systems.  The glibc maintainers have
decided to prohibit it, but even with glibc it mostly works--except
for doing DNS lookups.  I don't know whether uClibc supports static
linking or not.

> Is there any way that i can take a binary and then post link it
> statically with its dependent libraries.

Not in the way you mean.  But you can install both glibc and uClibc on
the same system, just install them in different directories.

Ian