error while x-compiling libgcc2.c

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Tue Mar 31 14:23:00 GMT 2009

ganesh gopalasubramanian <gganeshgcc@gmail.com> writes:

> We tried building the libraries using the make script and it ended up
> with the error. For debugging we compiled the file (libgcc2.c) in the
> path and it went on fine. Any idea about this situation?

In a normal gcc build, building libgcc is the first time that the newly
built compiler is used.  Bugs in the new compiler normally show up then.
The problem could really be anything.  What it means is that there is
something wrong with your compiler.  You have to debug the problem to
find out what it is.

Ian