Using fpu_control.h on mingw/cygwin

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Mar 19 23:13:00 GMT 2009


Yinon Ehrlich <yinon.me@gmail.com> writes:

> The Gnulib manual states that fpu_control.h is missing for various
> platforms, including mingw and cygwin
> (http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/gnulib/fpu_005fcontrol_002eh.html#fpu_005fcontrol_002eh).
>
> After looking into fpu_control.h it seems that there is no way to work
> around this limitation, since __fpu_control will not be defined on
> these platforms.
>
> Is this right, or there is a workaround to use fpu_control.h by windows ?


This isn't really a gcc issue, as gcc does not supply or implement
fpu_control.h.

I imagine that it would be possible to implement it on cygwin.  That
would be a topic to take up on the cygwin mailing list; see
http://cygwin.com/ .

I'm not sure there is any reasonable approach which would work on mingw,
but I don't know too much about that platform.  Here again you would do
better to ask on a mingw specific list.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list