.gnu.linkonce.? and .gcc_except_table

John Farmer news02@lavabit.com
Tue Mar 24 23:08:00 GMT 2009


Hi,

I have a linker script file that has been created automatically by the IDE
that I am using. There are just one or two commands which I do not
understand and love nor money appears to shed any light all over the
internet on the subject.

What pray tell may does .gnu.linkonce.r, .gnu.linkonce.b etc and
gcc_except_table all mean when applied to input sections? Are any of these
actually documented, presumably there are other such options too?

Perhaps there is a good book available on the ins and outs of linker scripts
or maybe a pdf hidden away in some dark corner. Any ideas?

One last question if I may. In my trawling about I came across the term SysV
in terms of linker scripts. What is this?

Regards John Farmer.
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/.gnu.linkonce.--and-.gcc_except_table-tp22691863p22691863.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list