Help needed to buid GCC for NEC V850

Kai Ruottu kai.ruottu@wippies.com
Tue Mar 17 14:38:00 GMT 2009

gowrisankar loganathan wrote:

> I have Mingw in the same PC which compiles all programes corrrectly.

What on earth this note has to do with this build problem?

You configured the GCC for Cygwin $host, not for MinGW $host
('i686-mingw32'). So you MUST have the Cygwin GCC as the 'gcc'
which compiles the GCC sources !

>> The 'gcc' in your log is the Cygwin GCC ! So it uses its own "Cygwin
>> target headers" when compiling something for Cygwin :

>> But other headers could be required additionally...
>>
>> So the 'fcntl.h' should be in your Cygwin target headers in
>> '/usr/include' or something !

Very simply: If you want the 'v850-elf' target GCC for the
Cygwin $host, then use the Cygwin target GCC with its headers
and libraries! If you want the 'v850-elf' target GCC for the
MinGW $host, then please use the MinGW target GCC with its
headers and libraries! And in this MinGW case also use the
'--host=i686-mingw32' when configuring the GCC...