which glibc to use

Kai Ruottu kai.ruottu@wippies.com
Wed Mar 11 10:00:00 GMT 2009


Koornstra, Reinoud wrote:

 > Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
 >
>>> I like to use gcc 4.1.2 as compiler version.
>>> Which glibc version can I use with this one?
>>> Glibc 2.9 give me this error:
>>>
>>> checking for -z relro option... no
>>> configure: error: linker with -z relro support required
>>
>> The linker is not part of gcc.  It is part of the GNU binutils.  You
>> need to use a version of the GNU binutils new enough to support -z
>> relro.  I think GNU binutils 2.16 or later should work.
>> Any other things I need to have before being able to successfully build glibc?

Why do you think you must build glibc?

Are you producing a native or a cross compiler?

If native : Please DON'T try to replace your system glibc!

If cross  : Please use the original glibc for your target,
             DON'T try to replace its system glibc!



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list