Building Dependencies

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Mon Jun 15 20:08:00 GMT 2009

Brian McGrew <brian@visionpro.com> writes:

>> Am I wrong, am I doing something wrong?  My tree is:
>>
>> Gcc-4.4-src/
>>     binutils/
>>     mpfr/
>>     autogen/
>>     gdb
> -----
>
> My bust, sorry!  I had not "properly" renamed the mpfr and gmp directories!
> However, when building gcc, binutils, autogen and gdb don't seem to be
> getting picked up/build/tested/installed.

binutils and gdb will work, but you have to pull their subdirectories up
to the top level.  That is, they will share libiberty and include with
gcc.  Doing this correctly based on released sources can be difficult
due to version skew between the shared directories.

I don't think autogen will be used out of the source directory no matter
what you do.

Ian