no-exceptions and libstdc++ still including unwind code and emergency_buffer

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Mon Jun 29 21:45:00 GMT 2009

Rob Emanuele <poorarm@shoreis.com> writes:

> I'm working with gcc version 4.3.3.  I'm trying to get g++ to compile
> an arm-eabi binary as stripped down as possible for an embedded
> platform.
>
> Since I'm not using exceptions I am compiling with -fno-exceptions
> which from a few mailing list posts like this:
> should keep __gxx_personality_v0 from being included and therefor the
> unwinding code with the emergency_buffer.
>
> This doesn't seem to be the case.  I'm wondering what else I may need
> to do in order to remove this code?

You may be able to use the linker's -Map option to find out why
__gxx_personality_v0 is being pulled in.  It may be that you are pulling
in code from -lstdc++, or some other library, which was compiled with
exceptions.

Ian