gcc 4.4.0 arm/thumb interwork _from_arm bad stub generation
Adam Turowski
adas@ikp.pl
Mon Jun 29 15:52:00 GMT 2009
One more thing: I haven't recompiled gcc, but I don't think I should because
stubs are added by linker.
Hope that clarifies things,
Adam
Adam Turowski wrote:
>
> I recompiled newlib and double checked what binutils version was used
> during linking stage. Unfortunately still have no success.
>
> What I found is that almost __from_arm stubs all broken - there are zeros
> in there instead of proper code. Only one stub __from_arm is OK (the call
> comes from assembly file) and all __from_thumb calls looks OK in
> dissassembly.
>
> There is another weird thing I found when I've converted from .elf to
> binary using "arm-elf-objcopy -O binary" command. The resulting binary
> values generated for these stubs code are 4 byte shifted towards front of
> the file. For example stub code starting on 0x5EA8 address in dissassembly
> file starts on 0x5EA4
> address in resulting binary. The rest binary code (I mean non stub) is in
> the right places.
>
> Have you got any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Adam
>
>
> Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
>>
>> I think I didn't need to recompile the newlib, but try it, and check
>> that your new ld/gcc is being effectively used at link time.
>>
>> Miguel Ángel
>>
>
>
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/gcc-4.4.0-arm-thumb-interwork-_from_arm-bad-stub-generation-tp24016313p24256768.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list