Getting the compiler version
Andrew Haley
aph@redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 12:42:00 GMT 2009
John Farmer wrote:
> When a new GCC version is released (such as V4.4.0.) does it follow that the
> C compiler, Java compiler etc. are also at this version?
Yes.
> If not what is the
> command line option to display just the version of the C compiler? For my
> release the compiler is cc1.exe (and I don't have a gcc.exe).
You have an incorrectly installed gcc, then.
> The reason I ask is that the version of the assembler or linker can easily
> be determined as follows.
>
> as --version
> ld --version
>
> and is V2.19.1 in both cases. I then wondered if the C compiler (and all
> other compilers supported) has a version of V2.19.1 or V4.4.0 or something
> else.
gcc --version should do it. If you only have cc1 then something is very
wrong with your installation.
Andrew.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list