OpenMP and shared libraries
Bob Deblier
bob.deblier@telenet.be
Wed Jun 17 12:43:00 GMT 2009
Dear,
I'm experimenting with OpenMP support in the BeeCrypt crypto library, and have encountered a problem.
When I build a shared library with OpenMP support, and this library is loaded from Python, I get the following error (undefined symbols from the GOMP library):
bob@orion ~/beecrypt/python $ make check
Making check in test
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bob/beecrypt/python/test'
PYTHONPATH="..:../.libs/" python test_all.py verbose
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "test_all.py", line 58, in <module>
print_versions()
File "test_all.py", line 19, in print_versions
from _bc import mpw
ImportError: /home/bob/beecrypt/.libs/libbeecrypt.so.7: undefined symbol: GOMP_parallel_sections_start
make[1]: *** [check] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bob/beecrypt/python/test'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
I guess this means that it's not possible to use a shared library with OpenMP support in an application (i.e. python) that wasn't linked with -fopenmp?
I'm using gcc 4.3.3, by the way.
Sincerely,
Bob Deblier
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list