Configuration problem: not recognizing MPFR

Pier Philipsen pierphil@xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 14 18:38:00 GMT 2009

I had exactly the same message that mpfr.h was not found, but it turned out
to be misleading. The real problem was that the mpfr library was compiled
for 64 bits. The latest gcc configure script (4.5) does a better job. It
approves the header file, and complains later about the library. However if
you install the 32 bit version of the gmp and mpfr libraries, the configure
script (gcc 4.4) works well, and also the --with-gmp and --with-mpfr options
work.