GCC path variable
vivo per lei
fidanconscious@googlemail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:34:00 GMT 2009
Hi,
I have Ubuntu 9.04 with gcc installed (located in usr/bin/..).
Now I have installed GCC again at:
home/andrea/Desktop/gcc-4.3.3
from the GNU website and I need to use this second version.
I assume that all I need to do is to change the PATH variable (sth like the
environmental variable in Windows), so that it points to the compiler I
need.
My attempts to change the path variable didn't work for the following
reasons:
1. I am not 100% if the path destination is correct (I used the above
mentioned path, maybe I need to extend it to some subfolder in gcc-4.3.3.?
...but which one? there is no "bin" folder inside gcc-4.3.3)
2. After exporting the path and checking with "echo $PATH" I get:
/home/andrea/Desktop/gcc-4.3.3/:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
so it looks fine, but checking with "which gcc", and "whereis gcc" returns
the location from the first compiler (usr/bin/gcc).
Running my programs also shows that I'm still using the gcc from Ubuntu.
Is there a proper way how to change the path variable, so that I'm using the
desired gcc version?
Thank you for your replies!
Andrea
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/GCC-path-variable-tp24004066p24004066.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list