shared library not found
Andi Hellmund
mail@andihellmund.com
Fri Jul 3 14:04:00 GMT 2009
booleandomain wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to compile bash-4.0 with gcc-4.4.0.
>
> Bash was configured with the following options: --prefix=/tools
> --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
>
> Please notice I have set CFLAGS environment variable to: -O2 -march=core2
> -Wl,--dynamic-linker=/tools/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
>
> Of course I have glibc installed in /tools.
>
> Well, bash get configured and compiled fine, but then if I issue ldd bash I get
> the following:
>
> linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007fffcb3ff000)
> libncurses.so.5 => not found
> libdl.so.2 => /tools/lib/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f14c2e65000)
> libc.so.6 => /tools/lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007f14c2b0d000)
> /tools/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f14c3069000)
>
> I have not installed ncurses in /tools. If I install it before attempting to
> compile bash, the problem is fixed.
>
> But I wonder why gcc does not complain at build-time... I can't check every
> compiled executable/library with ldd before installing it.
>
Because it found the library somewhere else ... I suppose in /lib or in
/usr/lib.
If you want to to get compile-time errors, you could use the following
CFLAGS
CFLAGS='<your_options> -nostdlib -L/toosl/lib'
The compilation will then fail because the ncurses library is not found
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list