error when building libgcc.a

Navid Toosizadeh navid_toosizadeh@yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 03:51:00 GMT 2009


Dear Ian,

The version only reason for me using version 2.7.2.3 is that people who developed the dlx backend, added it to gcc-2.7.2.3. I tired using the same backend with new versions of gcc but with no success. So, having no dlx target on gcc caused me to stuck with this version. When I compiled it with the new gcc, so many incompatible warnings/errors poped up.

On a side note: I'm not really expert in this area and especially porting to a non-supported targets in GCC. Are there any professional support to purchase?

Best regards
Navid



----- Original Message ----
From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>
To: Navid Toosizadeh <navid_toosizadeh@yahoo.com>
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 9:33:12 PM
Subject: Re: error when building libgcc.a

Navid Toosizadeh <navid_toosizadeh@yahoo.com> writes:

> I have a gcc version 2.7.2.3 that compiles and works for my target
> dlx processor.

2.7.2.3 is really really old.


> _fixunsdfdi
> xgcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6

This indicates a bug in your compiler port.  It's impossible to say
what the problem is.  You will have to debug it.  Sorry.

Ian






More information about the Gcc-help mailing list