Linker failing? OS X

Blazej riona@poczta.fm
Thu Jan 22 21:47:00 GMT 2009

>I am trying to compile a simple program for a class of mine, but am
>receiving a strange error. The program compiles (using the gcc -c
>option), but it appears to be the Linker that is having some issues,
>as if it can't find the iostream lib. I adjusted my PATH to include /
>usr/lib and /usr/local/lib. What should I do to get gcc to work
>properly? The error is below.

Probably some of the linker switches are set incorrectly. Please ensure that
you have all needed library in -l list (especially std library). Please also
pay attention to enter -l switch at the end of command line.

For instance:
$>gcc -I/usr/lib -I/usr/local/lib -L/lib \
>myfile.c -c myfile.out -lstdc++ -lmingw32

It should help unless there are errors in your program itself.

Regards,
Blaazej