Configuring and build gcc-4.3.2

Franklyn Simon franklynsimon@bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 22 17:12:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I unpacked the following all under the gcc-4.3.2 directory

gcc-core-4.3.2
gcc-g++4.3.2
binutils-2.19
gmp-4.2.4
mpfr-2.3.2
gcc-java-4.3.2

However, both gmp and mpfr have an INSTALL file that gives
instructions of how to configure and build.  Also binutils has a
README file that gives instructions of how to configure and build also.

My question is: should I just following the instruction on
<http://gcc.gnu.org/install/index.html>http://gcc.gnu.org/install/index.html?
Should I just configure and build in a separate directory (i.e.
/usr/local/gcc-4.3.2) other than the source (i.e. /opt/gcc-4.3.2)?  I
know that the prerequisites.html file on page 2 said that both gmp
and mpfr will be built together with GCC since they are
subdirectories of GCC (i.e. /opt/gcc-4.3.2).  How should binutils be built?

Thx