Building gcc-4.3.2 using gcc-g++3.3.3

Franklyn Simon franklynsimon@bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 29 21:53:00 GMT 2009

I have SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (SLES9)
with gcc-g++3.3.3 and make3.80-184.1 installed on
i686-pc.  I am trying to migrate from IRIX6.2 OS
to Linux.  However, I am having several problems
with compiling the source codes.  Some of the
problems are with c++ stream as well as return a
char* to the calling function.  Therefore, I am
trying to install gcc-4.3.2 with the upgrade
gcc-g++ compiler, but I am still using the
current and old gcc with make3.80-184.1 to build
gcc-4.3.2.  I cannot trust this compiler, and I
am wondering if this is the problem I might be having building gcc-4.3.2.

I have run out of options in building
gcc-4.3.2.  I cannot configure and build
gcc-4.3.2, gmp-4.2.4, and mpfr-2.3.2 together.  I
have to configure and build gmp and mpfr
separately to get the library and include files
to be generated.  Also, depending on where I
build them, I might have to do a make distclean
when it is time to build gcc-4.3.2.  The attached
is the configuration files and make –j1.  I have
tried all the suggestions to build gcc-4.3.2 from
gcc help as well as following the directions from
<http://gcc.gnu.org/install>http://gcc.gnu.org/install
Also just before make failed, there were several
warning message: duplicate const

Do you have any suggestions to help me?

Thanks