configuring gcc-4.3.2

Franklyn Simon franklynsimon@bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 17 02:26:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

Both gmp-4.2.4 and mpfr-2.3.2 are in their
respective source directories: gmp and
mpfr.  There are configured in
–prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.3.2 directory.  However,
the head files for mpfr are in mpfr directory but
the header file (gmp.h) and library files for gmp
are in /usr/local/gcc4.3.2/include and
/usr/local/gcc4.3.2/lib.  If I configure gcc4.3.2
with the option –with-gmp-lib and
–with-gmp-include options everything is okay, but
with the –with-mpfr-include and/or –with-mpfr-lib
options it does not work.  I get the following error:
Checking for correct version of mpfr.h
 no
Configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFr 2.3.0+
Copies of these libraries’ source code can be
found at their respective hosting sites

My question is: Since mpfr needs gmp is this
error normal if the mpfr options are used?  What I am doing wrong

Thx