A good way to set sub-target switch

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Jan 16 15:46:00 GMT 2009

"Doug Kwan (關振德)" <dougkwan@google.com> writes:

>     I am building a toolchain which is based on the arm-eabi target
> but with a C library that requires the -mandroid switch.  I am having
> problems building libstdc++-v3 and friends because the -mandroid is
> being dropped left and right.  I tried exporting CFLAGS="-g -O2
> -mandroid" in environment and forcing it in the make command line but
> I still got errors because xgcc gets invoked without -mandroid
> somewhere along the build.  Is there a good way to set mandatory flags
> like this?

When building the toolchain, one would normally use CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET
and CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET to control the options passed to xgcc when
building libstdc++.  Whether this will do the right thing for your
libc, I don't know.

There isn't really a good way to add new options to the compiler which
are automatically used, except to introduce a new configuration.

Ian