mac os x port: error when trying to detect __attribute__

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming@digium.com
Sun Jan 11 15:15:00 GMT 2009

Vincent Torri wrote:

> but a guy told me that with his gcc version (4.0.1 or 4.2.*), he has the
> error
>
> error: nested functions are disabled, use -fnested-functions to re-enable

Some platforms have nested functions disabled by default (including
FreeBSD, IIRC).

> 1) why is there a problem with the mac os x port ?

There is no problem, it's just a configuration choice.

> 2) is my test program good enough ? Is there a better way to check the
> availability of __attribute__ ?

Move your test function outside of main() so it won't be nested.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming@digium.com