Include not working on samba share

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese@indel.ch
Mon Jan 5 14:28:00 GMT 2009

Hi

I have a problem that may be gcc or not. I'll just ask here if anybody knows
something.

We have some projects that are C++ with header files and can be compiled
with no problems on a local drive. The used gcc is quite old (2.96.x) and
built with cygwin, running on windows.

However if the whole project is moved from the local drive to a share
(samba, probably also windows) the compilation may fail with
various errors. The main problem seems to be that include files are not
read properly. They are found (gcc emits an error if the name is wrong)
but the content seems not to be read. Even if such a problematic
header file contains crap it is not mentioned by gcc. To make things
worse is that on different computers the compilation may fail differently
or even work without problems.

The other possible culprit could be the cygwin environment. But I don't
know what I could change there except for updating.

Has anybody ever experienced something similar? Or an idea what I
could look into (from the gcc side)?

Thanks for any help

bye  Fabi