GCC: limitation with the command line length

Neatsoul neatsoul33@gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 14:11:00 GMT 2009

Hello,

First of all thanks for your answer.

1) I can't cut my command because in fact I have many hundred of
"include" directories.

2) After some new tests with gcc (3.4.5) delivered in MinGW I can use
the "@" option in cmd.exe. I have a limitation with a file of
36 096 bytes. I have the same limitation if I use the same version of
gcc in cygwin bash(v1.5.24). I believe that it's the windows shell
limit but in this case it would have been 32 000 byte, isn't it ?

3) I did a new test. This time I launched a cygwin bash (v1.5.24) and
i used its GCC (3.4.4). I tried to compile with the "@" option and
this time, the limitation is equal to 4156788 bytes. So it's better,
but i don't understand why i have a limitation (i read that there
isn't limitation with cygwin.....) and why with gcc v3.4.5 on cygwin
it's not working. Is it because i didn't use the "mount -X" command ?

Thanks for help !