Where did the warning go?
Andrew Haley
aph@redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 13:17:00 GMT 2009
John (Eljay) Love-Jensen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> [Tom]> I think most long term developers really just want the warnings for
> two things. Things that are undefined behaviour, and things that are likely
> a typo...
>
> I don¹t mind keeping -Wall with the current meaning, and not deprecating it.
>
> I, as a long term developer who has been developing for over 30 years, and
> in C/C++ for over 20 years, using GCC since 2.95 came out, do wish that
> there was a -Weverything flag that enabled all -W* toggle warnings.
>
> Why?
>
> Because I use GCC as a lint-like tool.
>
> I like to be able to see what warnings my code generates, vet those warnings
> and vet my code, then decide to disable the warning or fix my code.
Hmm. I don't know that some warnings may not be contradictory: damned if
you do, damned if you don't. I wonder.
Andrew.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list