How to build front and middle end separately from the whole

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Mon Feb 23 20:57:00 GMT 2009

pang long <hitpanglong@gmail.com> writes:

> I want to get the intermedia represeative of the code of language C
> for my later static analysis. I want to build the front and middle end
> separately from the whole so that the function is embeded into my
> application.

gcc does not support building the front and middle end separately.
Sorry.

>     How is the $(GCCSource)/gcc/Makefile.in generated? In my learning,
> there should be Makefile.am but none~.

Makefile.am is used by tools which use automake.  gcc does not use
automake, and thus does not have a Makefile.am file.  The Makefile.in
file is hand-written.

Ian