Problem faced in building GCC 4.0.2 on ubuntu 8.10 intrepid

Meena meena@acmet.com
Fri Feb 13 06:31:00 GMT 2009


Hi All,

I have recently shifted to Ubuntu 8.10 - intrepid from windows.

Earlier I was working with GCC 4.0.2 on windows (using cygwin client). I
had successfully configured and build GCC 4.0.2 for native compiler
using cygwin client. 

Now, when I configured GCC 4.0.2 for native compiler on linux client
(Ubuntu 8.10 - the Intrepid). Following error has been encountered
during build

/usr/include/bits/fcntl2.h:51: error: call to ‘__open_missing_mode’
declared with attribute error: open with O_CREAT in second argument
needs 3 arguments

However, the above error has not encountered while building the GCC
4.3.2 for native compiler on the same linux client.

I am not sure whether the problem is in GCC 4.0.2 itself or with system
libraries. This is because if the problem is with system libraries then
above error should occurred for GCC 4.3.2 as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Meena Bansal



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list