configure stall in i686-pc-cygwin/libcpp, gcc 4.5 (building in cygwin 1.7)
Tim Prince
n8tm@aol.com
Thu Dec 31 01:45:00 GMT 2009
Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Hello Tim,
>
> * Tim Prince wrote on Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 08:29:07PM CET:
>> For several weeks, I have been seeing the gcc 4.5 builds terminating
>> in libcpp with "cannot compute suffix of object files..."
>> In the configure.log, it starts complaining with
>> configure:2992 ..... "-V must come at the start of the command line"
>> ... "unrecognized option '-qversion'"...
>> "xgcc: no input files"
>> Maybe this means nothing, but:
>> The next step reports failure of the compile test for suffix.
>> When I attempt to repeat the compile command shown, it gives no
>> diagnostics, but sure enough the code returned to bash is 1.
>>
>> If I run $HOME/libgcc/configure, it appears to configure OK, but
>> when I run make in libcpp, it fails eventually when attempting to
>> build addtf3.o (config/soft-fp/quad.h:63 error: unable to emulate
>> 'TF'
>
> This looks like <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=42529>.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf
This problem went away when building under XPSP3 in recent weeks. It
came up again yesterday when attempting a build under XPM inside
Win7-64. The build completed when running directly under Win7-64. I had
no luck with testsuite in either of those win7 cases.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list