Force inline without -O2

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz@student.HTW-Berlin.de
Tue Dec 29 03:26:00 GMT 2009


Am 29.12.2009 03:01, schrieb Thomas Martitz:
> Am 29.12.2009 02:15, schrieb Jie Zhang:
>> Do you have a test case to show this issue?
>>
>>
>> Jie
>
>
> http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi/trunk/firmware/target/arm/system-arm.h?revision=23641&view=markup 
>
>
> The last 3 interrupt control functions expect immediates as operands 
> in the inline assembly. That can only work if you pass compile time 
> constants as parameters, and that can only be figured out if the 
> function is inlined on every call. See also the svn history of that 
> file and how I got trapped by -O0, as those function break.
>
> Best regards.

I forgot to mention: the functions as of now don't have the 
always_inline attribute, but of course I was trying that so it would 
work with -O0 but it didn't.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list