ins instruction is not produced in the assembly code (mips32r2)

David Daney ddaney@caviumnetworks.com
Fri Dec 18 18:12:00 GMT 2009

fanqifei wrote:
> Is there anyone can help?
> I am curious about how the insv pattern can be used in the compiling process.
> Otherwise, I have to write inline assembly code.
> Thanks very much!

You don't state which compiler version you are using.  I would suggest
trying a GCC-4.5 snapshot.  I know that some work has been recently done
to make better use of INS.

If GCC-4.5 doesn't help, you could file a GCC bug report about this
missed optimization.

David Daney