ins instruction is not produced in the assembly code (mips32r2)

fanqifei fanqifei@gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 14:21:00 GMT 2009


code size and execution time can be saved if ins is used in the assembly code.
I don't want to write assembly code by hand. But hope gcc can generate
it automatically.
My code is not all such assignments but contains some.

2009/12/18 Ineiev <ineiev@gmail.com>:
> On 12/18/09, fanqifei <fanqifei@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/12/18 Ineiev <ineiev@gmail.com>:
>>> On 12/18/09, fanqifei <fanqifei@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Otherwise, I have to write inline assembly code.
>>>
>>> Out of curiosity --- why do you think your executable has to use this
>>> pattern?
>> The instruction sequence generated by gcc can be simply rewritten by
>> three instructions.
>
> I see, thank you.
>
>> Apparently gcc should find the expression storing to bit-field and use
>> pattern insv. But it didn't.
>
> I'm sorry (really), as I know nothing about the target architecture,
> this is not apparent _for me_.
>
> What I don't understand is why you _has_ to code it in assembler?
> is your program essentially nothing but such assignments?
> or the code gcc provides assigns something wrong?
>
> I bag your pardon if this is too off-topic,
> Ineiev
>



-- 
        Qifei Fan



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list