Odd warning on wide char compare

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Wed Dec 16 07:12:00 GMT 2009


Andi Hellmund <mail@andihellmund.com> writes:

> I ran a bit through the code and found that -Wsystem-headers does not
> affect all warnings. In fact, there are some warnings, including yours,
> which are explicitly excluded if encountered in a system header file (if
> you're interested in the source location, please check c-common.c:3168)
>
> I don't really know why certain warnings are explicitly excluded, but
> maybe someone with a longer history in gcc could tell why?? Maybe, it's
> worth to change the behavior to include all warnings to conform to the
> description of this option or to change the description itsself :-) ?

I think this is a bug: the code should be checking warn_system_headers
as well.  Would you mind opening a bug report if there isn't already
one open?  Thanks.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list