Building an source code for an ARM processor

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz@student.HTW-Berlin.de
Tue Dec 1 09:03:00 GMT 2009

Am 01.12.2009 07:26, schrieb Sathish Kumar:
> Dear Sir/Mam,
>
> I am newbee to the ARM programming using GNU tools.
>
> I had a Cygwin of version 2.95.2. Which is working well for normal c
> programs.
>
> For ARM application, i downloaded the GNU ARM, and installed with
> default settings.
>
> Unfortunately...the setup is not working...continuously i am getting
> the error saying "The procedure entry point __getreent could not be
> located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll."
>
> Please kindly help me out.
>
> Thanks &Regards,
> Sathishkumar
> Mail:sathishkumar.sigamani@aol.in

You probably want to follow how the Rockbox project handles cygwin
development. http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CygwinDevelopment

It has its own compiler, a gcc version that is only patched to be able
to build for a number of ARM processors (multilib). The target is
arm-elf, so it's supposed to be used for bare metal. But you can of
course use it to build a C library and gcc for a different target.

Best regards.